Business Development Manager
The St. Pete EDC is looking for a creative, passionate, and dedicated person to join our team! The St. Pete EDC was formed to tell the world about the Sunshine City and why it is an incredible place to start and grow a successful business. We work to enhance broad-based economic prosperity by encouraging out-of-market companies to expand in St. Petersburg and by ensuring the success of our local companies through the addition of quality jobs that can enhance the culture, character and wealth of the place we call home.
Are you driven to make a difference in your community and seeking a culture where your unique perspective is not only heard, but celebrated? The EDC is bustling with the energy that is created by doing impactful work. Although we have a small team, our culture is second to none.
The Business Development Manager will increase prospect identification through the mining of available data, enhance lead conversion through active project management by leading prospects through the sales funnel, and expand overall communication capacity through the active management of our CRM database. The Business Development Manager will engage with the EDC Marketing team and President & CEO to identify communications strategies that incorporate appropriate content and best reach the EDC’s identified target audiences.
- Use all appropriate sources of information to identify prospects for business operations within our targeted industries, and proactively outreach to out of state companies
- Analyze and research prospects to determine contact information and potential decision factors
- Create and execute customized sales strategy campaigns using a series of consistent direct digital communication, social media platforms and telephone to communicate the benefits of doing business in St. Petersburg
- Develop personalized communication/marketing materials to articulate value proposition and solution offerings for prospective companies
- Identify and implement methodologies that more effectively manage the sales pipeline, utilizing and maintaining an accurate CRM database of contacts
- Manage the sales cycle of companies in CRM from prospects to announced projects to ensure all companies receive consistent and relevant communication
- Nurture relationships with companies and project manage the varying stages of the lead to expansion or relocation process through our various services
- Collaborate with Director, Marketing & Communications to help inform the development of EDC marketing strategies and initiatives to support outreach efforts in specific targeted markets
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with key local economic development stakeholders and community partners to promote company service areas and offerings to prospects
- Engage St. Pete EDC President & CEO to develop project management strategies and timelines for economic development project companies
- Plan and lead site visits for prospect companies with a curated agenda that includes community tours and introductions to relevant government, business and community leaders
Preferred Qualifications and Competencies
- Ability to think strategically and creatively
- Ability to communicate proficiently and effectively both written and verbally at all levels
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
Proven success in B2B sales activities
- Knowledge of proven web-based marketing and communication techniques.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
- Experience with CRM systems
Bachelor’s degree with a major in marketing, business, or related field.
- The St. Pete EDC encourages and celebrates diverse perspectives to make the small team successful
- Computers and other digital technology provided
Occasional travel for meetings, community/industry events or to attend seminars
- Some evening and weekend work may be required, as needed
- Flexible in-office work schedule to enhance creativity and productivity
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter to jpdubuque[at]stpeteedc.com.