The St. Pete Innovation District's annual State of Science event highlighted innovation at five St. Petersburg-based companies in a variety of fields. The evening featured:
- Bayfront Health's use of VizAI to save time across the continuum of care helping stroke victims with an artificial intelligence platform;
- The University of South Florida using augmented reality to help students learn science;
- USF's College of Marine Science's first quantification of the gokushovirus;
- Pole Star Defense's delivery of maritime domain awareness to protect vessels, people, and homeland; and
- Saildrone's collection of in situ ocean and climate data via uncrewed vehicles above and below the sea's surface.
Download the presentations here.
In one of the Southeast United States' most dynamic waterfront downtowns, the St. Pete Innovation District is the professional home to thousands of scientists, doctors, educators, and entrepreneurs working together to make life better. From the impact of oil spills on marine life to finding a cure for childhood diabetes, researchers in the St. Pete Innovation District tackle tough questions alongside colleagues in a regional marine research hub, two hospitals, a university, a world-renowned media school, a business incubator, and a variety of other public and private research organizations.
For more, visit the St. Pete Innovation District.